Ketchum’s LA office is looking to add an Account Supervisor/Media Relations Specialist to join their Technology Group working on Technology clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work on high profile accounts, where your work is making a direct impact on our client’s business and helping to achieve great results.
· Foster client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to client
· Continually build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and competitive environments; apply this information in preparing and presenting strategically focused programs and recommendations
· Provide senior level media relations counsel to clients and account team members across the Ketchum network
· Strategize and execute media relations portion of programs with very limited supervision
· Be creative and strategic in the development of programs and pitch angles designed to garner media attention
· Proven ability to secure high-profile coverage with national business and general interest media outlets
· Uncover, explore and learn about new tools and techniques important to conducting effective media outreach and deploy as appropriate
· Accompany key clients and spokespeople to media interviews and contribute appropriately
· Participate in spokesperson media training activities; develop key messages as required
· Proven ability in media planning, including budget planning and management expertise
· Conduct market media tours and editorial desk side briefings between clients and journalists in top key ADIs; knowledge of television, radio and print vehicles in those key markets
· Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the "best teams" for your clients.
· Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports
· Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
· Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients’ organizations
· Represent media group in new business presentations along with participating the research, writing, and content that would be included in the presentation of new business proposals
· Gaming experience a plus
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field preferred.
· Five to seven years of public relations experience; one to two years basic supervisory experience
· Ability to quickly become knowledgeable of Ketchum’s proprietary tools and develop clear understanding of how to apply tools and technology to client work
· Successful track record of helping to build and present concepts/programs for clients and effectively executing programs
· Be a hands-on team player adding value, sharing creative ideas, and executing digital programs
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.