Ketchum's New York Media Team is looking for a Media Relation’s Specialist to join its team. This person will oversee earned media relations work for a wide variety of accounts in the agency and will be responsible for developing strategic media plans and executing earned media coverage.
This person must have a proven track record with the following:
• Counseling and working with a variety of clients (across many industries) to develop unique narratives to clarify their value proposition and align their story with the news cycle. Work with clients to extract interesting story ideas
• Securing feature stories in business weeklies and dailies
• Securing interviews in consumer outlets and consumer publications
• Familiarity with talent/anchors/differences among various programs
• Planning, booking and staffing executive media tours and editorial board meetings
• Strong contacts at top tier media outlets, including but not limited to: NYT, WSJ, BusinessWeek, Fortune, Forbes and other mainstream business and consumer publications and web sites
Daily responsibilities include but are not be limited to the following:
• Supporting the overall media strategy for a number of Ketchum’s client across all practice areas
• Building target media lists and pitching print, broadcast, bloggers and on-line journalists
• Liaising with account teams and directly with clients to provide project updates in a timely manner
• Researching potential content/distribution partners and reviewing business proposals
• Participate in creative brainstorms
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of experience as a journalist or in an agency working in a media relations role
• Must have strong media relationships within the business/corporate, consumer and financial services industry
• Must possess superior verbal and written communications skills
• Must have proven track record of earned media results
• Creative approach to pitch/story development
• Show a strong working knowledge of established and emerging web tools/platforms and how people use them
• Read voraciously and share content
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders—and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And we’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and it’s our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply—our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we’ve developed a culture of break through.
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.