Organizations today face a barrage of potential reputational threats -- such as product safety problems, cyber threats/data breaches, employee issues, NGO campaigns, litigation, financial-market rumors, and operational issues to name a few -- as well as more subtle issues that can grow quickly to undermine or negatively impact stakeholder perceptions. Ketchum NYC is looking for a Vice President to join their growing team.
This is an exciting opportunity to help our clients in the area of reputation management, including developing issues-management programs and crisis preparedness activities that support their business operations and reputation objectives. The ideal candidate is someone with strong corporate and reputation management experience with the ability to provide senior counsel and strategic planning for clients and agency account teams. This person should be a hands on strategist, with strong managing and mentoring experience.
• Serve as senior counselor for clients in the areas of issues and crisis management, corporate reputation, including developing strategies, providing counsel, and developing plans on an ongoing basis
• Continually seek and drive new/incremental business opportunities; partner with account and new business teams to build business for New York and North America; play a leadership role in new business proposal development and presentations
• Drive growth and long-term engagements with existing clients
• Seek opportunities to develop new approaches to reputation management and position self within the agency, among clients and industry as a leader in the field who is sought for senior-level counsel
• Strive for impeccable client service personally, and by driving the team to meet and exceed agency’s standards and client expectations
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries anticipating and addressing opportunities and issues
• Take responsibility and hold team accountable for profitability for new and existing client business
• Manage financial performance of client teams
• Support client directors and/or senior counselors on each piece of business to incremental business and address client needs.
• Share knowledge with other Reputational Management practitioners throughout the agency to drive best practices and learning
• Evaluate team employees’ performance and support their career development
• Ensure staff utilization and promote staff-sharing across practices and offices
• Minimum 12 years experience working in crisis communications, corporate communications, government relations or reputation management environment; minimum of 6 years supervisory experience
• Prior experience in strategic external communications and media relations activities, litigation communications and/or public affairs a definite plus
• Demonstrated track record of building strong client relationships and delivering programs that exceeded anticipated results
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage teams to exceed client expectations
• Proven ability to help drive growth and win new/incremental business
• Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize critical assignments
• Understanding of Digital/Social/Online communications tools
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders—and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And we’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and it’s our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply—our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we’ve developed a culture of break through.
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.