Act as a senior liaison for a group of accounts with responsibility for senior-level account planning and supervision of the account teams in practice area. Manage staff utilization and development, revenue generation, income projections, expense control, and administrative functions related to executing the annual business plan and meeting profit objectives.
Client Growth & Management
• Serve as senior counselor for clients in the areas of issues and crisis management, corporate reputation, including developing strategies, providing counsel, and developing plans on an ongoing basis
• Continually seek and drive new/incremental business opportunities; partner with account and new business teams to build business for New York and North America; play a leadership role in new business proposal development and presentations
• Drive growth and long-term engagements with existing clients
• Seek opportunities to develop new approaches to reputation management and position self within the agency, among clients and industry as a leader in the field who is sought for senior-level counsel
• Strive for impeccable client service personally, and by driving the team to meet and exceed agency’s standards and client expectations
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries anticipating and addressing opportunities and issues
• Take responsibility and hold team accountable for profitability for new and existing client business
• Manage financial performance of client teams
• Support client directors and/or senior counselors on each piece of business to incremental business and address client needs.
• Partner with HR and the senior leadership of the I/C team and Corporate Practice to recruit and develop top talent and provide career coaching to team members as appropriate
• Share knowledge with other Issues and Crisis practitioners throughout the agency to drive best practices and learning
• Evaluate team employees’ performance and support their career development
• Ensure staff utilization and promote staff-sharing across practices and offices IND13
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders—and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And we’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and it’s our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply—our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, we’ve developed a culture of break through.
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.