Ketchum’s Financial & Professional Services Group is looking for an Account Supervisor to join their growing team. This person will work on developing financial and corporate communications programs for clients across North America and across various geographies. The qualified candidate will have responsibility for developing relationships and pitching financial and business media, counseling clients on investor and corporate issues, new business, account planning and supervision of account team members.
Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing client programs and activities; ensure that all programs are strategically on target with clients’ business objectives; maintain day-to-day contact with client; report program results to agency management and client.
• Act as primary client contact; continually foster client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to clients in all areas of financial communications and investor relations.
• Continually build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and competitive environments; apply this information in preparing and presenting strategically focused programs and recommendations
• Play key role in account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
• Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the "best teams" for your clients
• Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports, including the skills to translate corporate responsibility and environmental accomplishments into compelling storylines
• Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis
• Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients’ organizations
• Participate in the research, writing, and presentation of new business proposals
• Take advantage of internal and external networking opportunities to enhance professional development and agency/office visibility
• Seek counsel from financial manager to understand the client/agency financial policies and procedures as they relate to client plans/budgets; follow up on receivables
• Stay on top of corporate responsibility and sustainability trends in the industry; bring them to the attention of senior managers, associates and clients, as appropriate
• Develop an understanding of various research methods; coordinate internal and external resources in implementing research projects
• Responsible for staff utilization and development, revenue generation, income projections, expense control, and administrative functions related to executing the annual business plan and in meeting profit objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field; or an MBA preferred
• Five to seven years of experience encompassing investor relations/financial communications experience
• One to two years of basic supervisory/mentoring experience a plus
• Advanced knowledge through 2-4 years of experience using social media platform and how to use it to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages in relation to broader media mix through
• Ability to quickly become knowledgeable of Ketchum’s proprietary tools and develop clear understanding of how to apply tools and technology to client work
• Successful track record of helping to build and present concepts/programs for clients and effectively executing programs
• Strong project manager and writing skills
• Entrepreneurial and able to work independently
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.